Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Weight Ramble

When most people find out I'm pregnant they look surprised.
When they find out I'm near six months along, they look shocked.
I've had several *several* people say "I'm bigger than you and I'm not even pregnant" and then they marvel at my size.

I think my vain side is secretly glad for (and even proud of!) this.
But then logic kicks in and I get mad at myself for even caring about how I look to others.

With weight gain I have had to buy some maternity pants. I probably could have gotten by just buying larger sizes of clothing but the price was the same so I just went with getting some maternity jeans, which I can easily grow into.
WOO-HOO are they ugly! At least around the waist, which I cover up with long tops.
But they are comfortable.
Prior to these my jeans buttons dug into my belly and I squealed everytime I sat down or bent to tie my shoes. This distressed Brennen somewhat! I think both he and Thumper are much happier with the new wardrobe.

I'm trying not to worry about my weight which - as a longtime dieter - is very hard.
I've gained about 15lbs and I've just entered the sixth month.
I thought I was doing well but now I'm not so sure - 30-45lbs is a supposedly good amount of weight for an entire pregnancy gain so...I'm almost halfway there and baby hasn't reached his growth spurt yet. So I wonder if I'm gaining too rapidly.
Then I think to two of my friends who each gained 60-70lbs during their pregnancy and I tell myself to calm down.
I think, REALLY, it doesn't matter.
I think I shouldn't look at weight, just at what I'm eating.
In fact I know this.
It's just hard not to worry at the number getting larger on the scale.

I have a cardio workout I need to do (good old netflix, it came in the mail) but I haven't conquered it yet.
I really just wish I were at my own house, with my treadmill.
I think it will be one of the first things I move over, into the new house.
I am going crazy without it.
I just want Thumper and I to go walking, maybe jogging, to some fabulous music each day.

On that note we can hopefully start moving to our new location sometime in December. We are currently picking out bathroom fixtures which - despite current poverty - is fun and exciting. I can't wait to see it all put together.

Anyway, now I am just blathering when I could be discovering my cardio workout.
Or drinking water.
Or finding something healthy to eat.

I hope to take some belly photos soon.
Some arty ones that involve my lover as well.

We'll see what time hands us.

Love & Sparkles,
xxxS.