Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bad Report, Glowing Patient

Well I got a bad report at my prenatal appointment this morning.
But it was also somewhat nice because inside of the growling I was called the perfect patient.
*beam*

Nurse: How much water have you been drinking?
Me: Um...probably not enough.
Nurse: Well I know not enough! (laughs) That's why I'm asking!!
(enter TMI)
Nurse: Your pee was cloudy when I dipped it and I got confused because you're such a perfect patient. So the only thing I can think of is you're not drinking enough water. I try to get my patients to drink at least 80-100 ounces of water a day.
(I exchange a look with B)
Nurse: (nurse reads me list of consequences about dehydration while pregnant)
Me: I *promise* I will start drinking more water. I promise.
Nurse: Do you have any other questions?
Me: How were my tests last week?
Nurse: Perfect. Your sugar was fine, no diabetes and your iron levels were great.
Me: *grin* Okay! Awesome. I was really worried about both my sugar and my iron. I will drink more water.
*Sarah flounces out the door, hushing Brennen as he exclaims YOU ONLY DRINK 10 ounces of water a day! At MOST!*

And Thumper is the right heartbeat, right length, right energy level, right everything.

And I've got 10 more weeks to go and I've gained 20lbs all up. For someone of my height a good weight gain is 35lbs so I can afford to gain 7 pounds each month for the next two months.

So all I need to figure out now is how to increase my water intake from 10-oz to 100-oz a day.
That's a BIG increase for me.
*sad face*

1 comment:

Hope said...

So what's the plan for increasing the water then, miss?

Is it the flavor? Shall we buy you some water flavorings? I will send some to you ASAP if it means you will drink more water.