Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fun's Over

Second trimester fun is over.
I've been laying in agony on the couch all day.
I have - I assume - a rotten tooth.
It was playing up when my mum was here but it went away again.
Then about a week ago it came back and kept me awake a few nights.
And then today - bam - it took over.
You think a natural childbirth will hurt?
NOTHING on tooth pain.
NOTHING on this agony.
I've been using numbing gel, mouthwashes, everything I can think of and the entire left side of my face is throbbing.
Throbbing isn't even the right word to describe it.
It's just....
agony.

My show stuff?
Screwed.
My pregnancy energy?
Screwed.
My food and fitness routine?
Screwed.
My sleeping at night?
Screwed.

All I can do is lay and hurt.
And sure, I can make an appointment to see a dentist.
But can I pay for any sort of treatment while I'm working on my prenatal payments?
No.
I can't.

So really I'm pretty much screwed all around.

Oh and I *finally* have a good appetite for the growing baby.
But can I fucking eat?

No.

Screwed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to go see a dentist, honey. A bad tooth can get infected and infections, unchecked, are nothing to play with. Talk to the dentist. I had a graphics arts student friend back at community college that provided four pieces of wall art for the doc's lobby and designed a pamphlet as payment for a surgery he needed.

hugs,

shadowpaw

Penny Pink said...

hey, i feel for you and your tooth. take care :)