Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pink vs Blue

When I was younger and wondered about having kids (about 7 years ago) I was dead-set on wanting a boy. To shoot cans with, climb trees with, to rough-and-tumble with.
Over the past few years, hanging out with my girlfriends, I've been surrounded with little girls. And my friends love to dress them up and play with them. So when I first thought about having a child this year, I wanted a little girl.

Now, though, when I think about having a little boy I see it as a complete miniature version of Brennen and my heart beats wildly and I get goofy happy.

I love Brennen more than I love myself so I want a tiny version of him, much more than a tiny version of me.

If I have a girl I hope it is packed full of Brennen.
And if I have a boy I hope it's a mini version of him.

Either, of course, will make me happy.

I just can't decide!

5 comments:

Hope said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have feet like my dad, musculature like my mom, eyes like my dad, lips like my mom...

Mom dressed me up and would change my ruffly dresses every time I got dirty. Dad taught me to shoot Coke cans with a BB gun, catch grasshoppers to set them free again, and to worm my own hook when fishing. Mom taught me to sew, be crafty, expect gentlemanly behavior, bat my eyes to get my way, and the art of puppy-dog eyes.


Their favorite picture of me is when I'm wearing a handmade frou-frou dress of purple lace and ruffles OVER my tae-kwon do pants ('cause, you know, I didn't want to show off my panties), black shiny Mary Janes, and sitting up in a tree with scuffs on my elbows, reading a book and eating an apple I climbed up there to pick.


So really, you can always have the best of both worlds, no matter what gender the baby turns out to be!

Sarah said...

Email me that photo!!

Penny Pink said...

i wish i could say my parents taught me so much! dad taught me how to take the rubbish to the dump and mum taught me how to drink red wine. eh, i'm happy though :)

Hope said...

I wish I had it! I'll see if I can sneak it from Mom :)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you'll get one of each. ;)

My mother says the main reason she wanted kids was so she could dress them up in sailor outfits.