Friday, September 26, 2008

Oh, Gush.

I'm not one of those girls who sits and gushes about the most amazing things in her life. If something is ridiculously cool I normally grin and say 'dude, that's sweet'.
I don't pinpoint 'highlights of a lifetime'.
For example I adore my husband and loved our wedding but I don't gush about it a whole bunch on a daily basis.

Well!

Maybe I just turned into a gusher.
Because I can say, without a doubt, I just experienced the most amazing moment of my life.
And I *can* pinpoint that.
And I *will* say, if asked!

On September 23rd at 11am, I heard our baby's heartbeat.

From an email to my father:

Guess what I've been doing today?
I've been LISTENING to your grandchild's HEARTBEAT!!!

I had a prenatal this morning and the nurse said we probably wouldn't be able to hear it but we'll give it a go. And she hunted around with cold goop on my belly and then....
OH.
MY.
GOSH.

I think - thus far - one of the most amazing moments of my life.

The heartbeat was so calm, so peaceful. From all the ones you hear about they're fast and rapid so I didn't expect this beautiful, calm beating.

However...I have a horrible habit of tensing my body when I'm happy. I've always had it. I curl my feet, I get a burst of energy and I -literally sometimes- jump for joy.
So every time the nurse found the heartbeat and I'd hear it I would get a flood of joy/rush of adrenaline and my stomach muscles would tense up.
So she kept losing it!
We called Brennen in and she found it again (she said they're easy to lose even if you've just found one because babies like to hide a lot!) and after about I swear...only 4 seconds....I grinned like a loon and she lost it and said "I GIVE UP! THAT'S IT! THAT'S ALL YOU GET! YOU'RE TOO HAPPY AND GIGGLY ABOUT THIS"

Tee hee hee.
And that's okay, because it was enough to have me still floating.
And Brennen got to hear.
And that's all I needed.
We heard it together.

I was going to call you but you probably can't take skype at work.
I may try and call you this weekend!
I love you, dad!
xxxS.


So.
Um.
Yeah.
*shuffles feet*

Gush.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I'll bet you still don't fit down the hole in the laundry floor though...

:-)

... and to think that I defended you as you curled your feet curled away from it!

Great to hear you sounding so well again. Smiles and sunshine to you all.

love and hugs

Unknown said...

This made me smile big time.