Monday, August 11, 2008

Dressing For Pregnancy

What a mission.
I can't wear my normal bras (even in week 6!) I have to wear some pretty hard-core supportive ones. Well, all of those don't go with my skimpy, pretty, gypsy tanks. So I have to change my tanks and wear more high-cut singlets (t-shirts are too hot).
Fine, right?
Well, not fine. Because all of those tanks go with jeans or capris and 99% of the time I don't have clean undies to wear (we are without washer and it's too hot to go to the laundromat). So I should wear skirts, right? Where underwear doesn't matter. But all of my skirts go with my little gypsy tanks, which I can't wear with my sports bras.

Gnar!

If I could find skimpy supportive bras (impossible) it would be okay.
Or if I could wear jeans/capris with my high-cut tanks it would be okay.
But when I try and mix and match them together I look like a bag lady.
No lies!
Boy said so himself when he came in and I had a t-shirt thrown on over top of a summer dress (to cover the bra straps)
He said "nope. you look like a bag lady"

Iyeeeeeeeeeee!

(no offense to the bag ladies out there)

6 comments:

Kay said...

Move to Italy. Bra straps are IN. You just have to make sure that the choice of colour and thinness of the strap goes with the top.

You quite often (for example) see an orange strap and then notice that somewhere else in the outfit is a tiny dash of orange, or green under yellow.

I, of course, wear pink or red under yellow, because artists can do exactly as they like! Go the non-conformists!

Sarah said...

But big fat bra-straps that cross over at the back?

Tis my problem. :(

My thin straps I can handle!

Unknown said...

I say sew sparkles and beads onto the thick bra straps and make a statement!

Hope said...

You don't have to have the ones with big straps across the back! I wear a 36D, and my bras are very pretty, bright colors, regular-looking shoulder straps, all that good stuff. And only cost like eight bucks at WalMart! I'll have to look at the name of them, and link you up.

I wear neon green under blue tank tops, yellow under pink, orange under green, all vice versa, and the straps actually look very pretty together :)

Sarah said...

*gets excited*

Are they *super* supportive?!
I actually have to sleep with a bra on now!

Hope said...

I like them :yes: Lightly padded, underwire, thick around-the-torso strap so it doesn't cut into your back, and even though the straps are normal-looking, they're not ribbony, so they don't hurt!

They're "BestForm" brand, and you can get them push-up or just plain. I like the just plain, because I get total shelf-boobies with the push-up :o