Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wrapped In Art Not Blankets

I'm so excited.
I will learn to play the guitar!
Boy will be teaching child before child can walk.
I'll follow up on the lessons when boy isn't around and in doing so learn myself.
And then there will be the painting and drawing sessions.

I don't think there'll be any other child in the world as drowned in art as ours.

In fact boy has already started buying books for kiddo.
He's building up the library for a whole new being.
Not baby books, but classics...you know.
He says "our kid won't be watching the movies first."

I can see them now, reading together.

And the music.
And the art.
And the singing.

Until teenage years.
Then I see slammed doors.
And I snort with laughter.

5 comments:

Hope said...

Seuss! Please tell me you'll be giving Monster dosages of Seuss!

I credit Dr. Seuss with my early craving for reading and writing.

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! Add call of the wild and white fang just for me, pretty please!

shadowpaw

Shorty said...

Oh Sarah - yes give your child art - and the joy and beauty of it. I was deprived of this as a child. Science was "more important" to my parents.

dont forget dancing :)

XO

Penny Pink said...

would be hilarious if the baby turned out to be a librarian or accountant with no artistic flair at all! hahaha sorry that's semi-evil really isn't it ;)

Kahlee said...

*claps hands* How exciting! I cannae wait for this bean to be born!

xoxo