Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Unstop

It seems like everything I wasn't going to stop has stopped.
I wasn't going to stop exercising.
And I wasn't going to stop painting.

Well, what do you know?
Both have escaped me.

It's so so hard to feel so sick all the time.
I had no idea the toll pregnancy would take on your body, just in the early stages.

I'm glad to be taking the advice of those around me by taking it easy, but...
I miss what it feels like to run and paint.

Am I really not as tough as I thought?

1 comment:

Kay said...

I remember trying to exchange a school sports duty (refereeing netball) for a less energetic duty, only to be told by the (never married) woman in charge "You're only pregnant, you're not ill" and having permission denied.

It is not a case of mind over matter. Sketch in charcoal lying on the couch. Draw fantasy monsters, enjoy the "virtual painting" in your mind.