Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lost Some Weight

The scale says I'm down three pounds this morning.
Most odd, when I'm supposed to be gaining rapidly.

I don't think I'm eating as well as I should be.
I *want* to but I'm just so tired, all of the time.
The minute I quit busting my butt running around and working on the house, I just need to *sit*. Not get up and make a meal.

Yesterday I had a subway sandwich (soggy because I didn't have the energy to eat it the night before) and then for dinner I had rice and spinach.
Scattered throughout the day I had snacks.
But when I look at this in terms of 'housing a baby' it's really not enough.
Especially when he is meant to be gaining a pound a week.

All the instant throw-in-the-oven vegetarian food I like is expensive.
And everything else requires too much effort when I'm exhausted.
Except for fast food which I won't eat anyway because it's just so gross and nasty (especially for the baby!)

Bah.
This morning I woke up wanting a big bowl of cream of wheat but here I am at the computer instead, because it's much easier to type than stand in the kitchen and stir a pot.

I wouldn't be concerned except I don't like numbers on the scale going *down* right now.
Especially when I'm not exercising.

Maybe today I should take it a little easier on the home renovations and try to get in at least three square meals.

(mind you, also, that stupid 'pregnancy heartburn' has been cropping up...that certainly makes me not want to eat)

Oh, grumble, grumble, grumble!
Today is all about grumbles.

Seeing as we moved the bed around yesterday, I hope I haven't given myself the wrong side to permanently get out of!

Iyeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Somebody make me breakfast?

3 comments:

Kay said...

Have you got any of those bar-type healthy foods you talked about early in your pregnancy? Maybe chop one or two into tiny pieces to nibble on through the day?

Rest a little more, try to eat for yourself too, cos Thumper will just steal nutrition from you, as he is doing right now!

K said...

Indeed. He'll take from you what you need, though so maybe that is why you are so tired? Of course, I am always tired---so I digress. I don't seem to have a problem eating, but I'm also chasing around a 4 year old who likes to snack, so that helps. No problem gaining weight here though, afraid to look at the scale now. (Still do out of the corner of my eye.) Yelp! Maybe put out a healthy snack bowl? I have a bowl of fruit on the counter and a box of chocolates in the cupboard. Usually the chocolate wins, but the fruit is always a second best! ;o) I would make you breakfast if I could!

Lisa said...

What did Bailey say??
"Men... from the very beginning, they suck the life right out of ya!" ;)