Monday, February 2, 2009

SOS On Isle 4

So I pretend to be composed and organised (and deeply engrossed in supermarket product) and then the phone rings.
THANK GOD.
I fish in my purse, *nearly miss it*, but pick it up in time to hear boy say "where are you?"

I grin.
And I laugh.

"Baby heeeeeeeeeelp me!" I wail. "I'm stuck in Isle 4"

I hear a smile in his voice as he says "I'll be right there"

You see....
I forget the *one* problem I'm having with pregnancy.
And that is when I squat, I CAN'T GET BACK UP.
And somehow, *somehow* I saw fit to squat with an arm full of groceries.

bread flour
yeast
oatmeal
& raisins

Squat to look at fruit snacks.
And then....BAM.
I try to stand once. No deal, I'm gonna bust arse.
I try to stand twice. Eeks.
I try to stand a third time and give up.
A mass of customers swirling around.

I contemplate calling Brennen.
Then I think 'naw' I'll wait it out.
So I wait.
And I wait.
And I wait.
And then....

ring ring!

Awesome.
Awesome husband calling to see where his stupid pregnant wife is.
And his stupid pregnant wife is stuck in isle 4.

MUST TATTOO 'do not squat' ON FOREHEAD.
Or at least remember for the future...

6 comments:

Kay said...

Squat... you really should! It's great for stretching those muscles you want long and relaxed in delivery. Just make sure you are near something to pull yourself up, and DON'T fill your arms first!

PS, You DO make me laugh! If only the rest of the world could be so candid!

Hope said...

Honey, the Frog Pose is great for delivery preparation, but the grocery store aisles are not the proper place to practice!

hehehehehehehehehehe



By the way, I am *such* a cheesy bucket, because the very first thing I thought when I read all the groceries you had in your arms was, "So next time carry SELF-RISING yeast and you'll be okay!"

*eye roll*

Yeah, I know. I'm a goob.

Anonymous said...

Hope is the funniest person i know! "self rising" lol!

Cutest story yet :)

Unknown said...

I've done that too! Not in the supermarket though, just sitting on the floor with baby1 having to shout for hubby to heave my arse back up to standing!

Shorty said...

oh my gosh that's so funny and so completely adorable!

Sarah said...

Oh but I *had* yeast!
I should have gone ahead and risen anyway!

Stupid Kroger brand...